UpdatedMonday July 26, 2021 byJoseph Borowski.
SUMMER CLASSES ARE NOW POSTED AND OPEN FOR REGISTRATION
WELCOME TO THE FIRST STEP IN BECOMING A SOCCER REFEREE!
Effective July 1, 2019, US Soccer has introduced the name Grassroots Referee to replace the former “grades” of 7, 8, and 9. The US Soccer Digital Learning Center has also became the hub for all registration activities
You must be 13 or older to set up an account in the Learning Center.
Step 1: Create a Profile at US Soccer Referee Learning Center (LC) https://learning.ussoccer.com/referee
These accounts must only include the referee’s name. Parent’s names should not be included in the referee’s profile, except as a contact.
Step 2: Register for our Grassroots Entry Level Course ($140)
- At this time, our classes are completed entirely online.
- The date listed on the course registration is the date of your Webinar. If you cannot make the full day for your webinar, please pick another date. We do not allow webinar sessions to be split up.
- Our Online Course consists of 2 parts – Online training thru the LC and a combined law/field webinar thru zoom. Your must complete the online training Assignments thru your LC account prior to attending a webinar. If you do not complete your online training Assignments prior to the webinar deadline, you will not be permitted to attend. DEADLINE to complete your online training is Midnight Thursday prior to your scheduled date.
- If you cannot attend your scheduled session, or do not complete your online training prior to your deadline and are not permitted to attend your session, you will be charged a rescheduling fee.
- Registration for an online course includes US Soccer licensing and liability insurance. This fee also includes a US Soccer Referee uniform and Starter Kit from Official Sports. Information on ordering will be emailed to you once you complete both the online and webinar requirements.
- We do NOT offer full refunds.
- Dates of classes:
- Saturday August 7th
- Saturday August 14th
- Saturday August 21st
- Saturday August 28th
Step 3: Complete All 5 Assignments posted in your LC Assignments Tab Prior to attending your Webinar Session
Deadline for completion of the 5 online training Assignments is Midnight Thursday prior to your scheduled class date. Anyone who has not completed their training prior to the deadline will be removed from the class on Friday and subject to a rescheduling fee. No full refunds are offered.
- 100% of the Online Grassroots Referee Course MUST be completed before attending the webinar session. Estimated time to complete is 4.5-6 hours. It is a good idea to take a screen shot or a photo with your phone of the final completion screen of your online training just in case of any issues. Make sure to save your progress each and every time you step away from your computer for a length of time. If you leave the program open at night, it may not save your progress when you resume the next morning.
- Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments must be completed prior to the webinar session
- GrassRoots Quiz must be completed prior to the webinar session
- Safe Sport Certification (if 18 or older) must be completed prior to the webinar session – Estimated time to complete is 2-2.5 hours
- Complete the US Soccer NCSI Background Check (if 18 or older) ($30) – Valid for two years. -Takes 7-10 days to clear. Your background check must be cleared before you can attend your webinar. We do not accept any other background checks.
Step 4: Attend your Digital Classroom Session Webinar
- This session will last approximately 3 hours. Classes run 8:30am-11:30am for our AM sessions, and 12:30pm-3:30pm for our PM sessions. Registration on the day of your webinar runs 8:15am to 8:29am for am, and 12:15pm-12:29pm for pm session. Class starts promptly at 8:30am for am session or 12:30pm for pm session. Late arrivers are NOT permitted. You must attend the entire webinar on the day you have registered for. You cannot split up your sessions. Your Zoom link will be posted in your class directions on Friday before your session and emails will be sent out at that time to all that are eligible to attend.
- Office hours are M-F 9am-2pm. Make sure you have asked all questions prior to your session. No one is available the day of the class to answer questions or assist you on how to join the Zoom session.